1. Home
  2.  » Orders For Protection And Harassment Restraining Orders

Restraining Orders

A restraining order can have a major impact on a person, whether you are the person seeking the order or the person restrained by the order. The burden of proof necessary to convince a court that a restraining order is appropriate differs depending on the type of order. The forms of civil restraining orders we handle include:

  • Orders for Protection (OFP) – An OFP requires (1) some form of domestic abuse, such as physical abuse or the infliction of fear of imminent physical harm; and (2) the parties involved have a familial or household member relationship.
  • Harassment Restraining Order (HRO) – An HRO can be issued against anyone, no matter the parties’ relationship, provided the court finds the person seeking the HRO is a victim of harassment.

Johnson Bigelbach Law, PLLC assists those seeking or opposing an order for protection or harassment restraining order.

Are You In Need Of A Restraining Order?

If you are facing domestic abuse or harassment, whether from a spouse, significant other, or simply an acquaintance, we will help you secure the appropriate restraining order to help you rest easy.

Has A Restraining Order Been Issued Against You?

While orders of protection are designed to help people in danger, sometimes people abuse the system. One spouse or parent may accuse the other of abuse to secure an order and manipulate the ruling in a divorce or child custody case. We know how to build strong defenses against unfounded allegations that could damage your reputation.

Know Your Rights And Protect Yourself

At Johnson Bigelbach Law, PLLC, we understand how to guide our clients through the restraining order process, whether they are in need of protection or have had an order issued against them. We have extensive experience guiding our clients through this process, both in and out of the courtroom.

We Can Help

If you are in need of, or are facing, an order for protection or restraining order, turn to Johnson Bigelbach Law, PLLC. To schedule an initial consultation with one of our attorneys, call our St. Paul office at 612-778-1717, or contact us online.